Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose CGday™?
CGday™ provides a social setting for youths and utilizes their interest in video games to create a learning experience which will provide useful skills for their future and set them up for success.
The key objective for our diverse programs related to design, art, and technology serve to deliver essential skills for future tech and design related careers.
What will my child learn?
The skills students will learn at CGday™ will allow them to create anything they can imagine. They will:
– Experience the game development process in a professional setting using industry standard tools
– Create expansive 3D game levels complete with hilly terrain, interactive objects, special effects, lighting and more
– Develop PC games, learn 2D and 3D art creation from 3D modeling to user interface, texture, and material creation
– Learn about pre-production, grey blocking (world building), level design, and visual scripting, and so much more
– Problem solve and work collaboratively as a team of developers to build and play test their own creations
What are the ages you teach?
Our regular schedule is currently being offered to:
Children and teens ages 9-14
Teens to young adults ages 14-18
Do you offer classes for older students?
We offer a customized curriculum to private class students, and students living with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Do you offer private classes, and How much do private classes cost?
Yes, our private classes start at $125 per hour for a minimum of 4 hours per class.
Do you offer online courses?
CGday’s courses currently only take place in our classroom.
How will video game design benefit my child?
Interaction with video games encourages creativity, stimulates brain regions responsible for memory formation; triggers complex cognitive and motor demands. The technical and practical skills learned through video game development can prepare students for powerful careers in a technology-driven industry.
– Personal development & real-world skills
– Creative problem-solving skills
– Develop an understanding and appreciation for science, math, and physics
– Critical and analytical thinking skills
– Ability to work efficiently with others as part of a team
– Project planning, development, and time management skills
Are there any prerequisites required before enrolling?
Students should have their own personal email address and should have used a computer prior to attending CGday.
Tier 1: Basic Computer skills & Personal E-mail
Tier 2: Successful Completion of Tier 1
Tier 3: Successful Completion of Tier 2
Tier 4: Successful Completion of Tier 3
Spring Break: Basic Computer skills & Personal E-mail
Summer Camp: Basic Computer skills & Personal E-mail